The Paul Robeson Cultural Center (PRCC) Advisory Council was established in 2019 as a way for alumni to reconnect with the University, provide support, advice, and counsel to the PRCC, and serve as a resource for the students that use the center. The mission of the advisory council is to assist the Center in achieving its vision and mission. Board members are committed to increasing the Center’s visibility, assisting in areas of personal interest, and serving as advocates for the Paul Robeson Cultural Center.
- Contributing advice and guidance on potential strategic direction and initiatives for the Center
- Provide guidance on how to deepen our understanding of changes, challenges and issues facing the Black diaspora community.
- Advising the director of the center on outreach efforts and other projects that will increase university-wide and community awareness and appreciation of African American culture and heritage.
- Assisting the Center with alumni engagement and recognition to strengthen community relationships
- Supporting the Center’s development Initiatives by helping to raise awareness and by building awareness of the center and propagating stories of success for the Center